Skip to main content

Unleashing the Thrills of Linden Gold Hunters

Learn the ins and outs of our game systems and how you can maximize the benefits while playing them. Teleport to LGH Help Center And click to get info cards.

Kistrel's Spotlight: AJ Leibengeist

 

Hello and welcome back!  I baked cookies and have the kettle on with the beverage of your choice ready and waiting.  So whether you are taking a break between buoys or having a read between casts, we really appreciate you dropping by to peruse this weeks spotlight.
 
There is no doubt this is a creative individual based on the different themes across the land.  In addition to that, he is a very welcoming and charming host who made a rather impressive grand entrance on a hoverboard when meeting him at one, of the MANY buoys, found on his land.  Covering 3 Regions and home to 16 buoys,  there is plenty of fishing to be had (amongst many other attractions)!  Collectively called TCGWS and with it's own hud for ease of getting around the many buoys, it is my pleasure to introduce our next spotlight--so let's raise a glass (maybe light a smoke?) and hear it for AJ Leibengeist! 


Q:  So AJ, would you care to share any of your Second Life journey including how and when you found Fish Hunt with us?

A: I’ve been in SL for quite some time, generally checking out various music clubs and shopping for fashion ideas.  I do custom leather work IRL.  IRL art galleries started closing sometime after the start of COVID.  All the artworks got home just before the SUV got totaled.   I decided to move my world more fully into SL.  I found LGH on the SLMP surfing for traffic generators.   I like “hide and seek” games as well as others.   That got people here and conversations started that eventually lead to the fish hunt.  My IRL budget art shows and shops is now pretty virtual. 

Q: Now I am sure you do fish and I just haven't witnessed it   That being said, how often do you fish and has that changed any over the years?   When you do fish, what rod and worms do you use and are you fan of any specific potions?  Do you have any favourite locations?

A:  I tested the fishing out for good measures.  I got a basic for myself and I think I got a pro for my alternate, Blackie for any fishing.  I manic on product creation and figuring out how to make things work. But that’s an whole other front of the wargame, er, SL, was thinking Halo for second or two.  Bearofboogie sits next to me IRL and he handles positions and things.   I helped set him up in that for the fishing.  I can live that side vicariously through him.  Some of the space stations I’ve photographed in SL I found off his screen.   Peripheral vision is good.


Q:  Following on from the above question, what other activities do you enjoy in Second Life?

A:   Now that I’ve replaced my 15-year-old system with a new one, I can enjoy more things than before.   A good graphics system is a must for gaming, oh, and I can play all the new Halo too!  Iris Herouin is the builder and manager of the space stations we have, where some of the buoys are at.  She also runs a tour company and I like a tour now and then.   Got a good assortment of vehicles on the site to hop in and ride. Most all are public.   The horses are great for going across terrain and checking things out.   I’m still waiting for a spinal repair from the VA, so my assets are in SL and other VRs.   I’m a biker IRL, so I’m in bike armor most of the time. Knee pads are good, and not just for the bar. 😉  I do GTFO and the Smugglers group Underworld.   I did some Trucking IRL, but my favorite toy was my Case 580 Super K, Backhoe and front end loader.   Just been four-years in SL as an entrepreneur, still kicking challenges with my ideas and how to do them.   I’m glad I’m manic at times.

Q:  <land> is a really great place and one of my FAV fishing spots, specifically the Koi Pond.  What was your inspiration when creating the area and what else is on offer at that I may have missed?

A:  IRL family toured the country every year for a month or two.  Caves and caverns were spots to hit. I did a lot of horse riding in various parks.  I had to get Carlsbad somewhere in the site.   The west park reminds me of the creek in Tacoma Washington that my cousin and I would float down, on huge styrofoam blocks they used for refrigerator packing.   My Dad and one of my Granddad both worked on the railroad, thus the train that I’m working on.  Movies are a must in my world.  Like a dream within a dream.  I do love good brew and drink, some of my blood line like it way too much, but OFW.    Been to a few peaks and volcanoes, and New Mexico has the most.  Grew up doing D&D when you had a real dungeon master and imagination, doing Science fiction conventions. 


Q: What is your favourite part of LGH and what compels you to be so supportive of the community?  Is there any aspect from the years that no longer exists which you miss?

A: It’s a nice set up for meeting people and actually having time to chat.   Not saying that coin hunters don’t stop and chat, but it seems they’re on some sort of timer or something.   😉 There’s people from all around the planet, maybe and alien or two from a nearby clocked ship. LGH seem to be one of the more popular and populous gaming groups that’s geared for traffic.  I’m still working on my spreadsheet for costs statistics on it.  

Q: Is there anything else that you wish to share with the community about yourself or just advice in general?

A:  My subconscious believes I live in SL and I only deal with this IRL thing as necessary.  It’s my escape and creative landscape now. All of SL is a sandbox to share in.  Much better than the backyard sandbox as a kid, you had to do kitty scooping before building.   The main team consists of Iris, Bear and I and all the players that help out.  Feel free to use but not abuse the space, ask if you have questions. 

In closing, thank you AJ for taking the time to speak with me and allowing me to put you in the Spotlight this week.  I am sure I speak for all of the LGH fisher when I say thank you for providing us a great place to fish with so many options!.

As I mentioned recently in another post, the LO's (landowners!) are really a critical component in LGH and we should extend our appreciation to all of them. as much as possible.  Always hit the vote station, place your favourites in your picks and shower them with some linden love!  Maintaining these areas is not cheap nor is ensuring the buoys are full to feed our fishing needs!  
 
 So until next time may your catch be bountiful and your purses be fat!!
 
“Teach all men to fish, but first teach all men to be fair. Take less, give more. Give more of yourself, take less from the world. Nobody owes you anything, you owe the world everything.”

Article by Kistrel Hawker

Photographs by Kozmo Reitman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unleashing the Thrills of Linden Gold Hunters

Learn the ins and outs of our game systems and how you can maximize the benefits while playing them. Teleport to LGH Help Center And click to get info cards.

A Network State - What we in Second Life call The 1st Great Digital Republic

  A "network state" is a concept developed by Balaji Srinivasan, an entrepreneur and investor, which refers to a new kind of society or nation that is organized primarily through digital means rather than traditional geographic borders. The idea is outlined in his book, The Network State: How to Start a New Country . Key Features of a Network State: Digital First : Unlike traditional nation-states, which are defined by physical borders, a network state is primarily digital. It begins as an online community that gradually builds up influence, resources, and recognition. Shared Values and Goals : A network state is formed around a common vision or shared values among its members. This could be anything from specific political ideals to cultural or technological goals. The community's cohesion is based on these shared principles. Physical Presence : While the network state starts digitally, over time, it may establish a physical presence in the form of land or real estate th

Making Friends Fishing

Making Friends Fishing In a world where many of us navigate social interactions with a touch of awkwardness ( waves...   Hi, I'm Jericho, and I'm a social klutz ), stepping out to forge new friendships or strike up conversations can feel daunting. One of the friends I've made is Kistrel Hawker, an absolutely amazing person. We were fishing at one of Kasabian's spots , quietly enjoying the scenery, when (Wili, don't even try to deny that you have a bit of a twisted, naughty sense of humor) BAM! I fished up an alacrity potion ( yay! ), and as I got hit with it, I exclaimed, "Oh yay, I got hit with Wili's patented golden shower." The next thing I know, Kistrel is spitting up her coffee and laughing so hard. We return to quietly fishing, sharing chuckles, and then BAM! We both nearly died laughing as Kistrel was hit with the "golden shower." Once we managed to regain control of ourselves, I told her that now she would always think of me every ti