Skip to main content

Unleashing the Thrills of Linden Gold Hunters

Learn the ins and outs of our game systems and how you can maximize the benefits while playing them. Teleport to LGH Help Center And click to get info cards.

Kistrel's Spotlight: Loverly

 

Hey there and omg, it has been a hot minute! I am so glad you have stopped by because I have truly missed you!!  I have fresh squeezed lemonade and homemade brownies baked especially for your visit and if that doesn't show how much i missed you, I don't know what will!

So enough of my ramblings and on with the next spotlight!

My next Spotlight is no stranger to securing a spot on the podium and that is just one of the many hats they wear,  I have had the pleasure of getting to know this individual more over the past month or so and while she is an absolute nutter (meant in the best way possible!) she is always so helpful, polite and someone we all adore and "love".

To say she is non-stop from the moment she logs in is an understatement and she is honestly a multi-tasking guru and still maintains a top competitor status; in addition to the crafting, keeping us in line in chat,bthe endless messages she receives directly. and the list goes on......and on.

So it is my pleasure to introduce the lovely Loverly! 

Firstly, I would like to thank Loverly for taking the time to have a chat with me and share some of her journey within LGH and maybe even a tip or two along the way!

Q:  So Lov, would you care to share any of your Second Life journey including how and when you found Fish Hunt with us?

A:  If I remember correctly , I was sitting on lucky chairs in a newbie area and someone said have you tried fishing ? He brought me to Business park  and showed me how to get started . I took to it like a fish to water and  now you see the result !

Q: Lov, with so many fishing successes over the years, would you mind sharing what you think are the most memorable and why these stand out?

A: The very first time I was number one in royal fish hunt. I was fairly new and someone said I could never beat  the lovely Maja  our own LGH Queen bee , so of course I took it as a challenge  and  with lots of hard fishing  , we used to have about 20 -30 active buoys back then  I finally made it . That was special to me.
Here is one royal fish hunt win from 2021 https://gyazo.com/9e4a839bc94c6eca42315298ff7dfb60

Q:  Overall, how many hours would you guess you have fished over the years/each day and do you have any other activities you enjoy doing in Second Life...time permitting that is!

A:  TOO MANY !!!  I am very competitive  and so I will do extra hours of fishing to get to where I want.
It takes persistence to be in the top, and in under 5 years I have managed to get into the top 13 Overall ranking  just the past day or so too . Now aiming for top ten  LOL

Q: What rod and worms do you regularly use and does this vary by event?  Do you utilise potions/shubbies etc?

A:   I use the Competitor rod C1  and tasty worms for the most part , then  I use enchanted worms with alacrity potions when I have to be quick  for any reason . Yes I have a shubbie too,  helps with the speed of my casts.

Q: What are your favourite fishing locations and why?

A: Don't really have a favourite , but a filled buoy is a win in my book  LOL . There are so many with wonderful scenery


Q: What advice would you give to new fishers who are just starting out in their LGH journey?

A:   Be patient , Rome wasn't built in a day  !   :)
But persist  and fish a little evey day and you will get there .

I would like to thank Lov for taking the time to chat with me and share some of her LGH and SL journey with us.

I am quite certain that even during this chat she has been aggressively fishing, providing assistance, crafting,, rewarding for event days and who knows what else!  I honesty do think she is part machine!!

I have no doubt you will see Lov hopping from buoy to buoy fishing and rewarding, hosting regular 10x snuffle events and maintaining order in chat so be sure to say hello!

Again thank you so much for stopping by and until next time, keep your rods stiff and your casts swift! :See you at the buoys! :-)  

“A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.” 


Article by Kistrel Hawker

Photographs by Kozmo Reitman



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unleashing the Thrills of Linden Gold Hunters

Learn the ins and outs of our game systems and how you can maximize the benefits while playing them. Teleport to LGH Help Center And click to get info cards.

A Network State - What we in Second Life call The 1st Great Digital Republic

  A "network state" is a concept developed by Balaji Srinivasan, an entrepreneur and investor, which refers to a new kind of society or nation that is organized primarily through digital means rather than traditional geographic borders. The idea is outlined in his book, The Network State: How to Start a New Country . Key Features of a Network State: Digital First : Unlike traditional nation-states, which are defined by physical borders, a network state is primarily digital. It begins as an online community that gradually builds up influence, resources, and recognition. Shared Values and Goals : A network state is formed around a common vision or shared values among its members. This could be anything from specific political ideals to cultural or technological goals. The community's cohesion is based on these shared principles. Physical Presence : While the network state starts digitally, over time, it may establish a physical presence in the form of land or real estate th

Making Friends Fishing

Making Friends Fishing In a world where many of us navigate social interactions with a touch of awkwardness ( waves...   Hi, I'm Jericho, and I'm a social klutz ), stepping out to forge new friendships or strike up conversations can feel daunting. One of the friends I've made is Kistrel Hawker, an absolutely amazing person. We were fishing at one of Kasabian's spots , quietly enjoying the scenery, when (Wili, don't even try to deny that you have a bit of a twisted, naughty sense of humor) BAM! I fished up an alacrity potion ( yay! ), and as I got hit with it, I exclaimed, "Oh yay, I got hit with Wili's patented golden shower." The next thing I know, Kistrel is spitting up her coffee and laughing so hard. We return to quietly fishing, sharing chuckles, and then BAM! We both nearly died laughing as Kistrel was hit with the "golden shower." Once we managed to regain control of ourselves, I told her that now she would always think of me every ti